Earlier just anybody could post anything tagged with your name and it would appear on your facebook profile (also called timeline). Facebook has now rolled a new security feature to take care of this – called Profile Review. Profile Review keeps photos and posts tagged with your name from showing up on your profile without your approval. Now when someone posts anything with your name tagged, you are asked first to confirm the post. The post would appear on your timeline only after your approval. Here is how you can turn on this feature in facebook :
- Visit the facebook web site at www.facebook.com and login to your facebook account.
- Click on the downward arrow next to Home and select Privacy Settings from the top-right corner as shown.
- On the Privacy Settings page, click on the Edit Settings under How Tags Work category as shown.
- Click on the Profile Review in the How Tags Work window as shown.
- From the dropdown listbox on the top-right, select Enabled and click on the Back button.
- Finally back in the How Tags Work window, click on the Done button to save the settings. That’s it. You have enabled the Profile Review feature in your facebook account.