Flashfake trojan is a Mac specific trojan that can turn your Mac into a bot. It is installed through a drive-by download on your Mac when you visit an infected web site. It hijacks your web browser’s search results so that when you click on those search links, it sends you to different websites. After the infection, your Mac becomes a part of the botnet controlled by cybercriminals from far away. You can remove Flashfake trojan from your Mac using the free Kaspersky Flashfake Removal Tool. Here is how :
- First of all, download Kaspersky Flashfake Removal Tool on your Mac.
- Double-click on the downloaded ZIP file to extract the contents. Then double-click on the extracted file Flashfake Removal Tool to launch the Kasperksy Flashfake Removal Tool.
- In the Kaspersky Removal Tool window, click on the Start Scan button to start the detection and removal process. It would ask you your username and password (administrator password) so that it can scan all the files on the hard disk. It may take a long time for the scan to finish.
- If it finds Flashfake malware on your system, it would automatically remove them and show the results in the notification section of its window. If it does not find any Flashfake infections, then it would show a message that no infection is found. You might have to reboot your machine in order to finish the trojan removal process.
- After rebooting your Mac computer, make sure that you install all the latest security updates from Apple. If you have not installed any antivirus on your Mac, then you are advised to install a good antivirus like free avast! Antivirus for Mac or free Sophos Antivirus for Mac. You can also install a paid security product like Kaspersky Antivirus for Mac. Installing a good antivirus on your Mac would ensure that you do not get infected by malware in the future.