When you download files using Mozilla Firefox and all the downloads are finished, Mozilla Firefox still continues to show the download manager window which can be very annoying if you download small files very often and have to close the download manager window over and over again. Fortunately, Firefox allows you to set the download manager window to close automatically as soon as all of your downloads are completed. Here is how you can set Firefox to automatically close the download manager :
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type about:config in the location bar and press Enter.
- Firefox will show a warning. Click on the button labeled I’ll be careful I promise! to proceed.
- In the Search textbox, type closewhendone. You would see a preference named browser. download. manager. closeWhenDone as shown.
- It has a default value of false. Double click on it to change its value to true. That’s it. From now on, download manager would automatically close after downloads are done.
- In the Firefox window, click on the orange Firefox button and select Options → Options as shown in the following picture.
- In the Options window that opens, switch to the General tab.
- Check the checkbox labeled close it when all downloads are finished as shown in the following picture:
- Click on the OK button to save the settings.