Using the free avast! antivirus is a great way to keep your Windows PC free of all kinds of malware and other threats. It comes with many components like file shield, web shield, script shield and many others. If you have enabled the web shield component of the avast! antivirus, then it not only blocks the malicious items on a website but also gives you ability to block an entire website through the SiteBlock tool. If you want to block a website or domain using this avast! SiteBlock tool, then you can follow these steps :
- Double-click on the avast! antivirus icon on your desktop or on the system tray. This would open the avast! antivirus main interface window.
- In the avast! antivirus interface, select Security → Tools and then SiteBlock.
- SiteBlock is disable by default. To enable it check the checkbox labeled Enable site blocking.
- Now you can start typing the partial or full website addresses in the textbox. You can use wild cards like * and ?. Finally click on the Add button to add it to SiteBlock.
- If now you try to open a website with a matching site address, it would be blocked by the avast! antivirus. In the following screenshot, a website is blocked by SiteBlock and a related warning is shown,
- If at any later point of time, you want to remove an address from the SiteBlock, then just select it from the list and then click on the Delete button. After this that site will no longer be blocked by SiteBlock.