Over a period of time a typical Windows system gathers lots of junk like invalid registry entries, orphan shortcuts, junk files etc. These might slow your system down if you do not get rid of these junk entries for a long time. In order to keep your computer running smoothly, you should clean your Windows computer regularly from time to time. JetClean is a free software that helps your keep your system clean from these kind of junk entries in addition to providing many other useful tools.
The free JetClean software helps you clean junk files, toolbars, unneeded registry entries and improves the performance of your PC by one simple click. You can download it from the BlueSprig web site. The download is around 5 megabytes. It can be installed on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and 8. It supports both the 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. Here are some of the features of JetClean :
- Find and delete any junk files that may exist in Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, Log files, Clipboard, DNS Cache, Error Reporting, Memory Dumps, Jump Lists etc.
- Cleans junk files, toolbars, unneeded registry entries and improves the performance of your PC by one simple click.
- Scans for invalid shortcuts, deletes or repairs them.
- Rearranges applications that launch together with Windows startup. Shuts down apps that may slow your system.
- Repairs structural errors and speeds up your computer’s access to registry.
- Cleans your registry and takes out all unused and old registry entries including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more.
- Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps, including Windows Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more.
- Optimizes memory usage to increase available physical memory (RAM).
- JetClean helps speed up your Internet connection and save you from being miserable with slow Internet connections.
You can run all the tools included in the JetClean software separately but if you are in a hurry, then you can just use the 1-Click tab to take care of all the cleaning tasks. In this tab, you can select all the categories that you want to scan for junk entries. You can select categories from the Registry, Windows, Apps, Shortcuts and RAM. Clicking on the Scan button would start the scanning process and show you the results for the each category as the scanning proceeds. After the scan is over, you can click on the Repair button to fix the problems found.
JetClean comes packed with many other tools which can be found under the Tools tab. The System Information tool displays detailed information about your Windows system and its hardware. The Uninstaller tool can be used to remove the programs and toolbars you have installed on your system. The Startup Optimization tool allows you to enable or disable the programs being automatically started in Windows. The Registry Defrag tool defrags your Windows registry files and removes any unused space from them – making Windows load faster. The Performance Booster tool closes down unnecessary programs being run in the background, freeing up system resources and thus boosting the overall system responsiveness. The Internet Booster tool scans your system settings and modifies them to give you a noticeable increase in the internet speed. If you want to take JetClean with you everywhere on a USB disk, then there is an option to create a portable edition of JetClean too.
In the settings for JetClean, you can choose to enable or disable the context-menu entries for Windows Explorer. You can set JetClean to clean your system automatically at Windows boot, at a scheduled time or when the system is idle. There is also a Rescue section in the settings, through which you can restore all the changes made by JetClean software to your system.
JetClean is a super-pack of PC maintenance utilities that a Windows user would ever need. Although JetClean is free software, some of its features, like Registry Defrag and Internet Booster tools, are available only in the Pro edition which requires a paid subscription. The subscriptions for JetClean Pro are available for 1 month or 12 months. So if you want to keep your PC clean, fit and fast, then get hold of JetClean and give it a try.
You can download JetClean from http://www.bluesprig.com/jetclean.html.