The new Android Lollipop is about to be released and Google has already issued some beta images for the latest version of this most popular smartphone operating system. The final release for the Android Lollipop images may take some months and then the manufacturer of your device will decide whether they should provide an OTA update or not. If you do not want to wait that long for Android Lollipop to arrive for your smartphone, then you can install new Android Lollipop wallpapers and boot animations in your Android KitKat or JellyBean phones.
The new Android Lollipop animation shows a black background on which four colorful spheres are orbiting from which the word “android” grows out.
Here is how you can install the Android Lollipop boot animation on your old Android KitKat or JellyBean devices:
- First of all you should have a rooted device. You can use Kingo Root to root any Android device easily, if your device is not already rooted.
- Install ES File Explorer from Google Play Store. This is necessary for making changes to the system files.
- Download Android Lollipop boot animation files and copy them to your Android smartphone. There are two bootanimation.zip files – one for larger screen devices and other for smaller screen devices.
- In the ES File Explorer, open menu and select Root Explorer. This is required to make changes to the system files.
- In the ES File Explorer, open the folder /device/system/media/ and rename the file bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.old to backup the original boot animation file in case you need to restore the original boot animation later.
- Copy the downloaded bootanimation.zip file (in step 3 above) to the folder /device/system/media/.
- Restart your Android device. You should see the new Android Lollipop boot animation as the device boots up.
Conclusion: Its very easy to install the new Android Lollipop boot animation in your older KitKat or JellyBean Android devices. All you need is a rooted smartphone, ES File Explorer and the new Android Lollipop boot animation files.
this work on ur phone only but mine is failed
Thanks for the walk-through. It worked on my phone.
Comments are closed.