Thanks to the millions of apps available on the Google Play Store, we can install and check as many apps as we want. I personally install and then uninstall dozens of apps everyday on my Android phone. It is very easy to uninstall apps from your Android device – just touch them a little longer in the app drawer and when the uninstall options appear, drag them to the uninstall icon. But this does not work for the widgets as the widgets do not appear in the app drawer sometimes. This can become a problem if you really want to get rid of the widgets on your Android smartphone, but there is a simple way to uninstall the widgets through the system settings.
Here is how you can uninstall widgets in Android:
- First of all you have to open the Android Settings in your smartphone. You can do this from home screen menu (press menu key on the home screen and choose System Settings) or from the apps drawer.
- Now you have to open the App Manager or Apps under the Device section on the settings screen.
- On the Apps manager screen, swipe to the left until you come to the All section that displays all the apps installed on your device.
- Scroll down until you see the widget listed in the all apps list. Touch the app and it will show you options to uninstall the app.
- Touch the Uninstall button and then OK to uninstall the selected widget from your Android device.
Conclusion: It is very easy to uninstall the widgets from your Android device for good. The process is very similar to uninstalling the apps, but you have to look for the installed widgets in a different location in Android settings in order to uninstall them.