Although I really love to have beautiful image set as my Windows desktop background, sometimes they become very distracting during the work. For example, I recently had a 3D picture of Star Wars movie poster set as the wallpaper, and I could not help myself from looking at it again and again. To avoid the distraction from the wallpaper, I decided to disable the wallpaper image altogether. After disabling the desktop background, Windows 10 does not show any image on the desktop at all – it just displays a black background, no matter which image you set as the wallpaper.
This is how Windows 10 desktop looks like when you have disable the desktop backgrounds:
Here is how you can disable the desktop background in Windows 10 :
- Press the hotkey Win+I to open the Settings app.
- In the Settings app, select the Ease of Access category.
- On the Ease of Access screen, select Other options from the left-side menu.
- Under the Visual Options, click/touch on the flip switch for Show Windows Background to turn it off.
- As soon as you turn off the Show Windows Background option, Windows 10 switches off the desktop wallpaper and instead displays a solid black desktop background.
Conclusion: Many people may find the Windows desktop backgrounds distracting or confusing to their everyday work, perhaps because of weak eyesight or perhaps because the wallpapers are perturbingly lovely. In any case, you can disable the Windows wallpapers altogether and use a solid black background instead.