More and more people are benefiting from the cheaper VoIP phone calls provided by skype, Vonage, and others. Both the hardware based as well as software based VoIP services are available. If you have a Windows 10 PC then you can just install the apps of these service providers and you are all set. You would notice that when you make a phone call (or receive one) using your Windows 10 PC, it automatically reduces the volume of other sounds being played.
This is actually great if you make personal or business phone calls where you do not want any disturbance from the music or other sounds being played on your PC. But reducing the volume is not enough in some cases, as the sound volume of some movies or music tracks is very loud and give a wrong impression on the person you are calling. Fortunately, you can easily make Windows go mute whenever you make or receive phone calls. Here is how:
- Press the key combination Win + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type mmsys.cpl in the Run dialog and press Enter.
- In the Sound settings window that opens up, switch to the Communications tab.
- Here you can select what Windows is going to do whenever you make or receive a phone call. In order to make everything else mute during a phone call, you have to choose Mute all other sounds option.
- Close the Sound settings window and save the settings by clicking on the OK button.
If you are using your Windows 10 notebook or tablet to make business phone calls to your clients then it this setting is if great help, as this is clearly a good idea to make Windows mute all other sounds automatically during the call. This way you can work while enjoying your music collection without giving the wrong impression to your clients.
Does the job!
I have the same problem, i’ve already turned off that feature in this setting, but it didn’t help.
I have this set but win 10 still does not lower the sound. This is a brand new machine
Comments are closed.