Of all the different times, we have much more relaxed and free time during the holidays season. We visit our relatives and friends and exchange the gifts and well wishes. According to a survey, it is also the time of the year when people are more likely to change the wallpapers and themes of the Windows or Mac computers. If you have downloaded tried themes in your Windows 10 computer, then you know that all the themes keep piling up in Windows. It seems very easy to install the theme by downloading a “.theme” file and double-clicking on it, but Windows does not really tell you about deleting the themes.
But actually it is extremely easy to delete the installed themes from a Windows 10 PC. Here is how you can do this:
- Open Control Panel by pressing the hotkey Win+X and then selecting Control Panel from the menu that shows up.
- In the Control Panel, select Appearance and Personalization and then Personalization.
- Under My Themes you will find all of your themes that you have installed using the downloaded .theme files or by making changes to the existing themes. If you want to delete a theme you are currently using, then first set a different theme by clicking on its thumbnail.
- In order to delete a theme, just right-click on it and then select Delete from the context-menu.
- You will be asked whether you really want to delete the selected theme – confirm and proceed by clicking on the Yes button.
- Repeat the same steps for all the themes that you want to delete.
One thing you should know when deleting the themes is that you cannot delete a theme is you have set as the current theme. You will have to first select any other theme before you can delete that theme.