In certain places like in an hospital or on-board an airplane, the interference from your notebook computer can cause unexpected problems with different machinery or the equipment. This is why they ask you to turn off all the wireless networks and connections on your smartphones, tablets and notebooks. As far as Windows 10 is concerned, you can easily turn off the WiFi, Bluetooth and other wireless communications using something called the Airplane mode. Here is how:
- Right click on the taskbar in the Windows desktop.
- From the menu that appears on your screen, select Settings.
- In the Settings window, click on Home button to open the home screen of the Settings window.
- On the Home screen of Settings, click on Network and Internet.
- Select Airplane Mode from the categories given in the left side.
- Click on the small flip switch to turn on the Airplane mode.
This will instantly disable the wireless communications for your notebook computer like the WiFi, Bluetooth, and cellular networks. You will see an airplane icon in the taskbar of your Windows PC. From the same place you can turn off the individual wireless devices – for example, you can switch off the WiFi or the Bluetooth in your Windows 10 notebook computer.
Apart from this setting in Windows 10, you can also use a special key on your keyboard to quickly toggle off the WiFi communication. Usually these keys are called function (Fn) keys and you have to press the combination of the Fn key and the key with WiFi symbol on it. There are also some other notebook computer with a simple flip-switch for toggle on or off the WiFi and even some other features like the microphone and the webcam. But these hard switches are available only in a few select models of the notebook computers. In any case, you can use the standard Windows 10 method to enable the airplane mode as explained above.