Second Life is an online virtual world where anyone can have their own identity. It was first created in 2003 and has become immensely popular since then. You can create your account, your own identity, your own persona and start exploring this virtual world. For exploring Second Life world, you will have to download and install the viewer application. From the first impression, it may appear to be just like any other computer game, but it is not actually a game as their is no objective or goal for your characters in the game.
By default the Second Life viewer application always runs in the windowed mode. As you are exploring the worlds created by others, you may come across a really breathtaking and scenic place. If you want to really immerse into the experience of such a lovely place, you have to run Second Life viewer in the full-screen mode. Here is how:
- Launch Second Life viewer and use hotkey Ctrl+P to open the Preferences.
- In the Preferences, switch to the Advanced section from the left side.
- Select Show Advanced Menu option in the preferences window.
- You will see a new menu item Advanced. Select Advanced from the menubar and then select Show Debug Settings.
- In the debug settings window, select the FullScreen from the settings listbox, select True from the options and close this window.
- Exit from Second Life viewer and relaunch it. This time you will be using Second Life in the full-screen mode.
Second Life viewer in the full screen mode is extra pleasure for your eyes especially if you have a large screen. And if you want to return back to the windowed mode, then you have to repeat the above steps and change from True to False in the step number 5 for the FullScreen setting.