There are times when you are having frequent trouble with only one or two specific websites. Some of these problems can be resolved simply by cleaning the cache, cookies and everything else related to that website. For example, the popular Slither game often starts to run slow in your web browser due to cache problems and it can quickly be fixed by removing the cache and cookies belonging to the slither.io domain.
Firefox web browser makes it very easy to remove the history belonging only to one website in just one click. In order to remove the history belonging to a domain name, you can follow these instructions:
- Press the Ctrl+H hotkey to open the History sidebar in the Firefox web browser.
- In the History sidebar, type the domain name that you want to remove the history for. If you want to remove the history for the domain slither.io, then you can type in slither.io. There is no need to add www or http with the domain name.
- In the search list find the domain name and right-click on it. Then select Forget about this site from the right-click menu that appears on the screen.
- That’s it. It will remove all the history belonging to that domain name instantly.
- Repeat these steps for all the domain names for which you want to remove the history.
When you use this option to remove the history of only one individual domain name, it will remove cookies, cache, stored passwords, bookmarks and security exceptions belonging to that domain name. Since there are no warnings displayed before removal of all this data, you should be careful when you are “forgetting” about a website. Any website forgotten in this manner will continue to work as if you have visited it for the very first time in your web browser and this will also fix any problems you could be having due to cache or cookies.