After months of testing and adding new features, Microsoft has finally released the new major update to Windows 10. This April 2018 update to Windows 10 is available to be downloaded via the usual route of automatic updates but you can also speed up the process using a number of other methods. For example, you can download a tool to update the existing Windows 10 installation to the newest version, you can download another tool to upgrade your Windows 8.1 installation to the latest version of Windows 10 or you can just download the ISO image of the Windows 10 DVD containing the latest version of Windows 10 with April 2018 update.
Here is how to get the April 2018 update for your Windows PC:
- Download the Update Assistant from Microsoft’s website https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445.
- Launch the Windows10Upgrade28096.exe file (the file could have a slightly different name).
- Click on the Update Now button.
- Your Windows 10 PC will now start downloading the latest update and install it when the download is complete.
And here is how to download the full ISO image of the Windows 10 April 2018 version:
- Download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft’s website https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209.
- Launch the MediaCreationTool1803.exe file (the file could have a slightly different name).
- When the options show up choose to Create installation media (USB, DVD or ISO).
- Then choose to download the ISO and save it somewhere on your hard drive.
- When the download is complete (it is 4.4 GB for the 64-bit edition and 3.3 GB for the 32-bit edition), you can burn it on any blank DVD and use for installing Windows 10 on your computers.
If you do not want to use Media creation tool from Microsoft and want to use your own download manager, then here are the direct download links for Windows 10 April 2018 update:
heh, MS made your:
Method 3: Direct Download Links for ISO
do a 404
woopsie lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Its not 404 (file not found), its a 403 (not allowed to download). With time, Microsoft will change the permission and download will work, hopefully.
Comments are closed.