Vivaldi web browser is regularly adding new features and modifying the existing ones. In the recent versions of Vivaldi browser (version 2.x), when you want to launch the settings, they are opened in new window instead of a new tab. In the older versions of Vivaldi, settings were opened in a new tab just like they are opened in the Opera web browser.
If you do not like Vivaldi opening an entirely new window whenever you want to make changes to its settings and want to revert back to the familiar old behavior of adjusting the settings from a new tab, then here is how you can proceed:
- Launch Vivaldi web browser.
- Press the hotkey Alt+P to open the settings. By default these are opened in a new window.
- Switch to the Appearance section in the settings.
- Under Window Appearance section, select Open settings in a Tab.
- Close the Vivaldi settings window and try using the hotkey Alt+P again, this time the settings will be opened in a new tab instead of a new window.
If you do not want to change any settings, then you can also achieve the same results in a different manner. You can enter vivaldi://settings/ in any tab in the Vivaldi web browser and the settings will be opened in that tab. This method works even if the “Open settings in a tab option” is not checked in the Vivaldi settings.
Opening settings in a new window could be useful when you have many different tabs open in the Vivaldi web browser and you do not want to keep switching back and forth between the different tabs to see how changes in the Vivaldi settings work. But if you do not usually open many tabs, then it is better to have the Vivaldi settings opened in a new tab instead.