Even though Chrome and Firefox are very secure web browsers in themselves, some third parties also offer web browsers based on them with some extra features to make them even more secure and safe. CCleaner (developed by Piriform which is now owned by Avast) has now released a new safe and secure web browser called CCleaner Browser. It is based on Chrome web browser but adds some security features.
The user interface of CCleaner Browser is identical to Chrome except the fact that icon is different. It comes with an extra icon added to the toolbar – “CCleaner Security and Privacy Center”. Clicking on this icon, you can open the interface from where all the extra features added by CCleaner can be turned off or on.
Among these features are:
- Anti-Phishing: It blocks dangerous websites and malicious downloads.
- Anti-Tracking: It blocks intrusive ad trackers from learning your web browsing or online shopping behavior.
- HTTPS Encryption: It enforces secure connection using HTTPS for all the websites.
- Extension Guard: It blocks all the suspicious extensions from being installed in the browser.
- Flash Blocker: It blocks Adobe Flash content completely in the web browser.
- Webcam Guard: Using this you can control which websites can access your web camera and microphone.
Some of the other “features” displayed in the panel are already built inside Chrome web browser and CCleaner browser does not add anything new. For example, password manager is already present in Chrome code, but its shortcut is available in the “CCleaner Security and Privacy Center”. Similarly, shortcuts to CCleaner (if installed on your system) and Stealth browser mode (Incognito mode) are also given there.
CCleaner Browser is same as Chrome browser so it performs the same, but it adds some extra security features that can block malicious sites and protect you from becoming a victim of phishing attacks.
You can download CCleaner Browser from https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/browser.