Using the new Chromium based Edge web browser, you can turn any website into an app for Windows 10 computers. These apps are installed just like any other software in Windows and allow you to access those sites quicker than through the usual way of accessing them through a web browser.
We have detailed all the steps to install a website as an app in Windows using the Edge web browser in a previous post how to install a website as an app in Windows using the Edge browser. But once you have installed a site as an app, how you do you uninstall it? We have listed here four different ways of removing these apps from Windows:
1. Using Programs and Features in Control Panel
- Press Win+R hotkey, type in appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- In the Programs and Features list, select the site app.
- Click on the Uninstall button in the toolbar.
- If asked to clear the browser data, you can choose to clear it or keep it. It is a personal choice.
2. Using Apps & Feature in Windows Settings
- Press Win+I hotkey to open Windows settings.
- Select Apps category and then Apps & Features.
- Select the site app from the list of apps that you want to remove.
- Click on the Uninstall button to remove it.
3. From within the Edge Browser
- Launch Edge web browser.
- Enter edge://apps in the address bar. It will display a list of all the installed apps.
- Right-click on the site app that you want to remove.
- Select Uninstall from the menu to proceed with the removal.
4. From within the Site App itself
- Launch the app that you want to remove.
- In the title bar of the app, click on the ellipses (three dots) to open up the app menu.
- Select Uninstall from this menu to remove the app.