In the last few months if a social network that has suddenly gained popularity, it is Parler. It is a relatively newer social networking media that is available for everyone all over the world. In appearance it may remind you of another social network – Twitter, but you will soon realize the difference as you start using Parler everyday. Parler is available as a web app and also for various platforms like Android and iOS (iPhone).
Just like other big players in the social networking, it also provides you high level of security including multi-factor authentication or two-factor authentication. After you have enabled multi-factor authentication for Parler, you will have supply a special code that is generated on your smartphone whenever you want to login to your Parler account.
Here is how you can enable multi-factor authentication for your Parler account (you need both laptop/desktop and your smartphone (Android/iPhone) for enabling this):
- In your desktop web browser, visit Parler (https://www.parler.com/) and login to your account.
- Click on the menu icon (three lines) near the top left corner of the Parler website.
- Select Settings and Privacy from the menu.
- On the Parler settings page, you have to select Security section.
- Scroll down and you will find a QR code under the multi-factor authentication section.
- Install LastPass Authenticator app in your Android phone or iPhone. Launch this app, tap on “add new account”, then “scan barcode” and then use the phone camera to scan the QR code being displayed in your Parler settings screen on your PC.
- LastPass Authenticator will show you a 6-digit code for the newly added Parler account. Enter these digits in your Parler multi-factor authentication screen on your PC. You will see a success message – now you have enabled the multi-factor authentication for your Parler account.
Once you have enabled multi-factor authentication for your Parler account, you will have to enter the 6-digit code from the LastPass Authenticator app failing which you won’t be able to login to your Parler account.