So many times we put some of our files together into a ZIP archive and keep it in a safe place for later use. But when we check these files, either they are corrupt or get damaged. We cannot extract files from these broken ZIP files as a portion of the data inside these files has been lost. We can still repair such broken ZIP files and recover whatever data remains.
Here is how we can use Ashampoo ZIP to repair any corrupt ZIP archive in seconds :
- First of all you have to download and install Ashampoo ZIP Free from https://www.ashampoo.com/en-us/zip-free. After the installation, you have to register for a free license key that activates the software on your PC.
- Launch Ashampoo ZIP Free and it will display a modern user interface with lots of tiles. Each tile will give you access to a different feature. You have to slide to the left and click on Repair Archive under the Tools section.
- In the window that opens, you can browse and select the corrupt or broken ZIP archive and then click on the Start button.
- Depending on the file size of your ZIP archive, it is going to take a few seconds or a few minutes to complete the repair. It will display a message about how many files it discovered in the ZIP archive.
- A new repaired ZIP file shall be created in the same folder as the original file. The new file has _ASZFixed appended to its original name.
So as you can see how easy it is to repair a broken or corrupt ZIP archive using freeware Ashampoo ZIP in a matter of seconds. However, if the file has lots of data lost, the ZIP will still extract only the files data for which stays intact in the ZIP file.