ACR Phone Dialer & Spam Call Blocker is an app for Android devices using which we can easily block any unwanted spam, fraud or unsolicited calls. It is a simple dialer app that works just like Google Phone app which is the default dialer for Android. In addition, it also provides blocking of spam calls.
If you have been suffering from someone calling you through unlisted, unknown numbers then you can block them using this app. After blocking unknown numbers, you will no longer receive such harassing calls from unknown numbers. When you check the called ID details, it just shows “Unknown Number”.
Here is how you can use ACR Phone Dialer & Spam Call Blocker to block Unknown numbers on any Android smartphone:
- First of all install ACR Phone Dialer & Spam Call Blocker app on your Android smartphone.
- When you launch this app for the very first time, it will ask you to set it as the default dialer app. You should set it as the default dialer otherwise it won’t be able to block any spam calls.
- After launching ACR Phone app, tap on its menu (three dots) and select Settings.
- On the next screen that appears, you have to select Caller ID & blocking.
- Make sure that you have enabled the overall called ID and blocking option (the very first option on the top). Then enable the Block Unknown option and you are done. Now whenever someone with unknown or private number calls you, they will be instantly blocked without any chance to hear any rings.
ACR Phone Dialer is a great replacement for the AOSP Phone Dialer that comes installed with a typical Android smartphone. Some manufacturers such as Samsung an Oppo also offer blocking of unknown numbers in the dialer apps they provide.
You can download ACR Phone Dialer & Spam Call Blocker app for Android from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nll.cb.