When I visited Philippines this summer, it was suggested to me by my friends that I should use GCash app for all the payments. GCash is an online wallet app that works on Android and iOS smartphones. It can be used to buy mobile data packs, do online shopping and works even on stores in any mall. The benefit of using this app is that your bank account or debit/credit card information is not exposed to each and every place you shop from.
But once you leave Philippines, this app is basically of no use and just takes extra space on your Android smartphone. In a situation like this, we can safely remove the GCash app as we no longer need it or use it. But by just removing/uninstalling the app we do not get rid of the GCash account.
Here is how you can easily delete your GCash account if you no longer use it:
- Launch GCash app and login to your account.
- Tap on the Profile icon near the lower-right corner of the screen.
- On the profile screen, tap on your picture to open your user profile.
- On the user profile screen, swipe up and tap on Delete Account.
- You will be shown a list of all the to-do’s. Go through all the to-do’s in the list and ensure that you haven’t any debit or credit left unbalanced. Then tap on the Delete Account to proceed.
- You will be taken to a screen where you can create a ticket requesting them to delete your GCash account. You have to provide your full name, mobile number, email address, reason for deleting the account and one scanned copy of your government issued ID (like passport or driver’s license).
As you can see GCash does not allow quick deletion of the account. You can only place a request to the GCash admins and if they decide, they will delete your account.