Sumatra PDF Reader is a very fast, small and lightweight PDF viewer for Windows. It is free and supports not just PDF files but many other formats. For example, we can view PDF, e-Books (EPUB or MOBI), compressed comic books (CBZ, CBR), Djvu, XPS, CHM and many image file formats using this small PDF viewer application.
Sumatra PDF Reader is available both as an installer package as well as a portable application. It supports both the 32-it and 64-bit Windows systems. It works on older versions of Windows and also on the latest Windows 11 computers. It supports a large number of user interface languages and we can select any of them.
Here is how you can change the user interface language for Sumatra PDF Reader:
- Launch Sumatra PDF Reader using its desktop shortcut. If you have set Sumatra PDF is he default PDF viewer application on Windows, then you can also double-click on any PDF file to open it.
- Click on the menu icon to pull down the Sumatra PDF menu.
- Select Settings and then Change Language from the menu.
- You will see a small window with a long list of available languages. Find your language from this, select that language and click on the OK button.
- The user interface language will be changed instantly. There is no reason to restart Sumatra PDF reader.
There is another way to change the user interface language, but it requires editing the SumatraPDF-settings.txt file which is located in the same folder as the SumatraPDF.exe. In this file, we have to change the line UiLanguage = en to any other language of your choice. For example, you can change this line to UiLanguage = fr to change the user interface language to French. Similarly, if you want to change the language to Spanish then you can change it to UiLanguage = es. You can check the ISO codes of all the supported languages from https://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/settings/langs3-4-6.