When we are sitting in your home or in your office, we usually connect our Android smartphones to the high speed WiFi networks. We do not bother how much data is being used and we keep focus on using the smartphone instead.
But the situation is completely opposite when we are traveling outside. Then we depend on the mobile network data connection and more often than not, these mobile networks are very limited. They are limited both in terms of the download speeds and in terms of the download limits.
Many times, we are using an app on our smartphone and suddenly we get the message that the mobile data plan is 100% used. If you want to avoid such situations, then you can enable Data Saver feature of Facebook Messenger. When it as been enabled, Facebook Messenger will block all the elements in your chat messages that could lead to heavy data usage. It is different from the data saver feature of the Android smartphones.
Here is how you can easily enable Data Saver feature in the Facebook Messenger app:
- Launch the Facebook Messenger app on your Android device.
- Tap on the hamburger icon (three lines) and then tap on the cogwheel icon. This should open Messenger’s settings screen.
- Find the feature Data Saver and tap on it.
- Tap on the toggle button to enable or disable Data Saver feature for Messenger.
- Now you can use Facebook Messenger as usual.
This is how easy it is to enable (or disable) the Data Saver feature for Facebook Messenger. After you have enabled Data Saver, you will notice that videos and photos sent by others are not being displayed when you are using a mobile network for internet access. But as soon as you connect to a WiFi network, these videos and photos will be downloaded and displayed for you.