Avast Antivirus Free 2023 is an essential software for protection against all kinds of malware. It scan the file system when you access a file or when a file is downloaded from the internet. It can scan the internet streams for malcious content. It even blocks the websites that it considered harmful. By blocking these sites it protects your Windows PC from possible threats lurking in the those sites.
In addition to blocking known malicious websites, it also offers the ability to block custom websites. For this we have to make changes to the Avast Antivirus settings.
Here is how you can block websites using Avast Antivirus Free 2023:
- Launch Avast Free Antivirus 2023 by double-clicking on its desktop shortcut. You can also double-click on its notification area icon.
- In the Avast Free Antivirus 2023 dashboard window, click on the menu icon and select Settings from there.
- In the settings screen, select Protection tab on the left side, then Core Shields, then scroll down a little and then select the Web Shield tab.
- Select the checkbox labeled Enable site blocking and then click on the button Block a new website.
- Enter the name of the website that you want to block. You can enter both www and non-www domain names. There is no need to enter full URL just the base address is enough. After entering the website URL, click on the Block button.
- Close the Avast Antivirus Free 2023 settings and dashboard. Now if you try to open this website in any web browser you won’t be able to access it. Instead of opening the website, you will see Avast Web Shield Warning about blocking that site. This contains the web URL and the time of attempting to access the site.
If you have not been using any security software, then you should install Avast Antivirus Free 2023 for the essential protection against malware.