Bing search engine has become more popular in the recent days because Microsoft has added an AI powered chat bot and it is now available for everyone. But before the AI chat bots existed, Bing was very popular for its breathtakingly beautiful background images. These backgrounds are displayed for Bing search engine when Bing is opened in any desktop web browser.
These Bing backgrounds are so pleasant that many people all over the world want to use them as Windows desktop backgrounds. While there are many programs that help you easily set Bing backgrounds as desktop wallpaper, it can also be done using the Vivaldi web browser.
Here is how you can set Bing background as the desktop wallpaper for Windows PC using the Vivaldi web browser:
- Launch Vivaldi web browser and visit Chrome extension page https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/set-as-desktop-background/kpnohlcoegedfpikkadcoljdjnijbelp/. Install this extension in your Vivaldi web browser.
- Upon successful installation, you will be asked to install Python along with a script. You should follow the on-screen steps to install them.
- Open Bing search engine in it by visiting bing.com.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+I to open the developer tools elements inspector.
- In the developer tools, expand <head> and then find the tag that begins with <meta property=”og:image”. Double-click on the content for this tag to select the URL.
- Right-click on the selected URL inside this tag and choose Go to that URL.
- The Bing background image will be opened in a new tab. Right-click on this tab and choose Set as desktop background from the context-menu. It will set the Bing background as the Windows desktop background.
If you do not want to install Python and the accompanying script, then you can simply download the background in step 7 to your local hard disk drive. Then you can use any image viewer such as IrfanView to set it as the Windows desktop background.