A few days ago when I came home and switched on my PC, I was shocked and scared to see the dreaded blue screen. The blue screen in Windows 8 showed a message – “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.” But even after third restart when the same blue screen was encountered, I decided to perform an automatic repair using the Windows 8 installation DVD. Fortunately, after the automatic repair, everything went back to normal. If you are also having some problems with your Windows 8 PC, then you can perform automatic repair using the instructions below:
- Turn on your Windows 8 PC, quickly press the Del key multiple times to enter BIOS settings and make sure you have set the boot order to CD/DVD first and then the hard disk. Before you save your BIOS settings and restart it, place your Windows 8 installation DVD into the DVD drive.
- After the restart, When you see Press any key to boot from DVD… on your screen, press the Space key on your keyboard.
- Select a language and other preferences and then click Next to continue.
- On the Windows 8 installation screen, click on the Repair your computer as shown,
- On the next screen, there are three options Continue, Troubleshoot and Turn off. Select the Troubleshoot option to go to the next step.
- Next screen will show you options to refresh and reset your PC. But you have to select the Advanced Options from the menu.
- In the Advanced Options menu, select Automatic Repair option. This will take you to another screen when you have to select a target operating system. For most users, the only operating system would be Windows 8. So select Windows 8 and it will start the automatic repair of your Windows 8 PC.
- The automatic repairing involves multiple steps including checking hard disks, file systems, registry, drivers, and other key areas of your operating system which may be causing problem. It will then try to fix the detected problems, restart the system and boot normally.
The Automatic Repair feature can help you easily diagnose and fix the problems which may be causing your Windows 8 PC to not start properly. You can use it to fix common issues related to file corruptions, registry errors, driver problems etc.