When you download a file in Microsoft Internet Explorer, a download window is shown in which you can choose to open or save the file. When you choose to save the file, a save to folder dialog is shown. By default this folder is %userprofile%Downloads. But you can change it to any folder you like. Here is how :
- Press key combination Windows Logo Key + R to bring up the Run dialog.
- Type regedit in the Run dialog and press Enter to start Windows’ Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following key :
- Right click on an empty spave in the right side pane, select New → String Value to create a new string value. Name this value as Download Directory as shown in the following picture:
- Double click on this newly created value and set its value to the folder you want Internet Explorer to download files to by default. In the above screenshot, I have set it to C:Downloads.