When you open a new tab in Internet Explorer 9, you are shown a new tab page which includes thumbnails and shortcuts of the web sites you visit the most. If you want to open a blank tab instead, then you can disable this new tab page. This is how :
- Run Internet Explorer.
- From the top-right corner, click on the settings icon and then choose Internet Options as shown,
- In the Internet Options window, choose the General tab.
- Click on the Settings button under the Tabs category as shown,
- In the Tabbed Browsing Settings, choose A Blank Page from the drop-down listbox as shown,
- Click OK to save the settings. Close the Internet Options window.