The default picture viewer in Windows 7 shows a menu item Order Prints under Print in the toolbar. This Order Prints task can be used to have your picture printed by commercial photo printing companies in your area. But most people have color printers these days and do not need really this task. If you want to turn off this Order Prints wizard the follow the instructions in this article.
Manual method :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- In the Run Dialog, type regedit.exe and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following key :
- If you do not find a subkey Explorer, then create a subkey named Explorer. To do this, right-click on Policies and choose New → Key. Set Explorer as the name of the new key.
- Right-click on Explorer and choose New → DWORD (32-bit) value. Give the new DWORD value a name NoOnlinePrintsWizard. Set the value of this new DWORD value to 1.
- That’s it. The Order Prints Picture wizard (or task) would be immediately disabled.
Automated method :
You can perform all the above steps using a command script which you can download from here : win7_turnoff_order_prints.zip. Download this file to your desktop. Extract the contents of this zip file to a folder. Then right-click on turn_off_order_prints.cmd and choose Run as administrator.
If later you decide to enable this feature again, then you can right-click on on turn_on_order_prints.cmd and choose Run as administrator. This will enable Order Prints task again.