Windows Vista allows you to start the three dimensional window switcher – the Flip3D, by pressing the keyboard shortcut Windows logo key + Tab. If you keep holding the Windows logo key and press the Tab again and again, then you can switch through different windows. For some reason, if you want to disable this Flip3D feature, then you can disable it through the Group Policy Editor. Here is how :
Note : You will need administrator level access to follow these steps.
- Press the keyboard combination Windows logo key + R to bring up the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type gpedit.msc to start the Group Policy Editor.
- In the Group Policy Editor, navigate to Administrative Templates → Windows Components → Desktop Window Manager.
- You will find a setting named Do not allow Flip3D invocation in the right side pane as shown.
- Double-click on this setting and choose Enabled in the properties window that opens.
- Click OK to save the settings. You have to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.