When you do not have Internet connection and you start Mozilla Firefox, then Firefox automatically enters the offline mode. When the Internet connections is available, Firefox should resume the online mode status but it does not always switch to the online mode. To fix this, you can disable the offline mode in the Firefox browser so that Firefox always stays in the online mode. Here is how :
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type about:config in the location bar and press Enter.
- Firefox will show a warning. Click on the button labeled I’ll be careful I promise. to proceed.
- You would see a list of Firefox preferences and settings. Right-click anywhere on it and choose New → Boolean.
- Give the new Boolean preference a name network.manage-offline-status and set its value to false when asked.
- That’s it. From now on your Firefox browser will not revert to the offline mode even if there is no Internet connection is present.