A URL shortener service is used to create a small URL shortcut for a web page address. These URL shortcuts are pretty useful for sharing links over the social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook. You can use Google Shortener add-on in the Mozilla Firefox web browser to shorten any web page address or the links to any web page in the currently open web page. This is how :
- Visit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/google-shortener/ page in your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on the green Add to Firefox button to install the Google Shortener extension
- It will prompt you for confirmation. Click on Install Now to proceed. Restart your web browser to complete the installation.
- After Firefox has restarted, you will be ready to use the Google Shortener add-on. You would see a Google Shortener button in the Firefox toolbar. Just open any web site and click on this button and the goo.gl shortened URL would be generated and copied to the clipboard.
- Similarly, you can right-click over a link and select Shorten Url to create a goo.gl shortened URL to that link as shown.
- This add-on has no options to set which makes it very easy to use.