Facebook has recently added another feature called Tag Suggestion. As soon as you upload a new picture to facebook, this tag suggestion feature comes into play. It starts recognizes the faces of your friends in that picture and automatically tags the uploaded picture. By default, this tag suggestion feature is turned on for all the users. So if one of your friends uploads a photo, you might get automatically tagged in that uploaded picture. If you find this tag suggestion annoying, then you can disable it in your facebook account. Here is how :
- Visit the facebook web site at www.facebook.com and login to your facebook account.
- Click on the Account → Privacy Settings link at from the top-right corner as shown.
- On the Privacy Settings page, click on the Customize Settings link shown at the bottom-left side.
- Click on the Edit Settings button shown against Suggest photos of me to friends.
- In the window that pops up, select Disable as shown. Then click Okay button to save the settings.
Thats it. From now on, you will not be automatically tagged if you are in a photo that one of your friends uploads to their facebook account.