Amazon Kindle is the most popular ebook reader device in the world, powered by a huge number of kindle ebooks available from the largest ebook store of the world. Amazon Kindle store has millions of ebooks available for you to buy, download and read on your Kindle. Earlier all these Kindle ebooks were available only to the Kindle ebook reader device owners. But now you can read all of these Kindle books in your Google Chrome web browser using an app called Kindle Cloud Reader. Just like actual Kindle ebook reader, you can browse, buy and read any Kindle ebook using this app. You also have access to a large number of free Kindle ebooks. Here is how you can install and use the Kindle Cloud Reader in Google Chrome :
- Visit the Chrome web store site for Kindle Cloud Reader at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/ in your Google Chrome web browser.
- Click on the Add to Chrome button to start the installation. You need to login to your Google account (same as your Gmail or Youtube account) and will also have to confirm the installation of this app.
- Once this Kindle Cloud Reader app is installed, just open a new tab in Google Chrome by clicking on the plus button in the tabs bar or by pressing Ctrl + T on your keyboard. You will see Cloud Reader under the Apps on the new tab page. Click on this icon to start the Kindle Cloud Reader.
- When the Kindle Cloud Reader opens, you will be asked to login using your Amazon login credentials (same login username and password you use to buy stuff from Amazon online store). In the beginning you will be shown no books in your Kindle library (unless you already own a Kindle device). You will have to browse the Amazon Kindle ebook store to add books to your library. You can browse millions of books from many different categories. To find the free books, choose to sort by Price : Low to High – this would bring up all the free books first with price labeled as $0.
- When you find a book that you like and you might want to read, just click on it. On the next page, you are shown options to buy it – on this page, click on Buy now with 1-Click on the top-right corner and follow the directions. Soon the ebook would be added to your Kindle library for free!
- Again open your Kindle library by opening a new tab in Google Chrome browser and clicking on the Kindle App icon. This time you would see new Kindle books in your library, just click on any one of them to start reading them without waiting for any download.
Kindle Cloud Reader app brings the ebook reading revolution to your PC platform. This app is not only available for the Google Chrome browser but also on the Apple Safari web browser. This app supports downloading an ebook to your web browser’s offline storage so you do not have to go online (connect to the internet) each time you want to read an ebook. So what you are waiting for? Fire up your Chrome browser and start reading thousands of Kindle ebooks right on your PC.