When I go for shopping a notebook or netbook, my primary concern is to find a laptop that can be used as long as possible without using the AC power outlet. This obviously requires it to have a longer battery life. Even though your notebook battery has a longer discharge cycle, you can still improve its performance using the free Battery Care software. Battery Care is a software created to optimize the usage and performance of a typical battery that come inside a modern laptop. It monitors the discharge cycles of the battery and helps increasing its autonomy and helps improve its lifetime.
Here are some of the features of Battery Care :
- Battery’s discharge cycles monitoring – The advanced algorithm accurately records when a complete discharge cycle is performed. When the configured number of discharge cycles is reached, a notification balloon pops up to remind that a full discharge is required.
- Complete battery information – It calculates the statistical remaining time in laptops that don’t support the battery time left information and only list the charge percentage. Shows all the detailed information about the battery, such as wear level, capacities, consumption, manufacturer, etc.
- CPU and HDD temperature reading – BatteryCare constantly monitors your CPU and hard drive temperature, either in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Automatic power plans switching – Depending on the power source of the computer, BatteryCare can automatically select the power plan you prefer.
- Control over Windows Aero and demanding Services – Automatically disable the graphics accelerated theme in Windows Vista and/or demanding services that degrade battery lifetime. Once the laptop stops running on batteries, the theme is re-enabled and the stopped services are restored.
- Notification area information – It features a compact popup with the essential information you need to quickly monitor. Temperatures, charge status, remaining time and power plans
- Auto-updates – No need to trouble in downloading new installers, when a new version is available, the program updates itself.
- Lightweight in the system – Given the concern about the battery optimization, BatteryCare does not interfere with the system performance. It requires only a mere 0.1 % of Processor and Memory resources.
Battery Care has two main sections one for basic information and the other for detailed information. The basic information shows the battery charge capacity, the remaining battery time and the battery status. The detailed information shows the model number and various kinds of charge capacities for the installed battery.
BatteryCare can help you completely discharge your battery and then recharge it again to calibrate your notebook battery for improved performance. Battery Care also shows information regarding your battery type and its ratings. Unlike Windows which only reports how much percentage of battery charge is remaining, Battery Care shows you how many more hours your battery can keep your laptop running.
So get hold of Battery Care freeware, if you want detailed information about your installed battery and want to improve the battery performance. You can download the free Battery Care from its web site at http://batterycare.net/en/index.html.