Windows 8 has come forth with an entirely new user interface which is being called Metro UI or Modern UI. While Windows 8 has come up with many new features, the problem is that the Start Menu is missing in it. Many users who are accustomed to using Start Menu in Windows are feeling helpless. That’s why IObit has come up with a solution – StartMenu8. It is a small tool that brings back the classic Start Menu in Windows 8.
Here are some of the key features of the IObit StartMenu8:
- StartMenu8 not only brings back the convenient Start Menu to Windows 8, but also allows you to bypass Metro screen on start of Windows 8 and boot to desktop directly.
- You can easily switch between two modes by pressing and holding the Windows key, depending on your preference.
- StartMenu8 brings back Start Menu where you can get quicker access to programs, documents and files, control panel and settings.
- Unified and instant Searching for both desktop and Metro apps decreases the time taken in Searching and makes your work more efficient.
- You can pin programs to Start Menu and Taskbar for quicker access to your favorite programs. It’s easily customizable to have everything you need at just one click.
StartMenu8 is a special and smart tool that brings back both the start button and Windows Start Menu, and offers the option to skip Metro start page, allowing users who only work on desktop to boot to Windows 8 desktop directly. Its the best Start Menu replacement for Windows 8. You can download it from the IObit website. The download is in form of an installer and is around 2.7 megabytes in size. After the installation, it runs automatically and you can start using the Start Menu in Windows 8 right away.
The IObit StartMenu8 behaves exactly like the Windows 7 Start Menu. You can right-click on the Start Menu button and select whether you want the Start Menu to run at Windows startup automatically. You can also select whether you want to skip the Metro UI screen and go straight to the classic Windows desktop. There are no other options given for this application.
So if you have started using Windows 8 but are feeling uneasy with the new Metro interface, then you can just download IObit StartMenu8, install it and bring back the Start Menu in Windows 8. It is completely free and easy to use Start Menu Replacement for Windows 8.
You can download it from the IObit website at http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php.