When I expect an important call, I keep my phone very close to me and keep my ears tuned for the ringtone. In the home or office, it is relatively quiet and therefore it is hard to miss the incoming phone call. But when outdoors in crowded places or when using some public transit, you can easily miss the phone calls because of the loud surrounding noise suppressing the sound of the ringtone. Android Lollipop comes with a solution to this well known problem in the form of Pocket Mode. The Pocket Mode in Android Lollipop can automatically increase the ringtone volume for incoming calls as soon as you put your smartphone into your pocket.
Here is how you can enable Pocket Mode in Android Lollipop:
- On the home screen, touch the menu button (near the lower-left corner of the screen) and then select Settings to open Android Settings.
- On the Android settings screen, choose Sound & Notification from under the Device category.
- Touch on the gear like icon shown next to the General sound presets. if you are using some other sound scheme, then you should do the same for that sound scheme.
- On the next screen, scroll all the way to the bottom and use the toggle switch to enable the Pocket Mode.
- Now if you place your smartphone in your shirt or jeans pocket, then it will make much louder sound for any incoming call.
Conclusion: The Pocket Mode of Android Lollipop is a long awaited feature that has made life much easier when you travel with your phone in your pocket. It automatically detects whether your phone is in your pocket or somewhere else.
Not available in Samsung S5 Neo
Comments are closed.