Ransomware is bad news for anyone who has to work with computers every day. It is a type of malware that encrypts all type of documents on your computer and then demands a ransom for decrypting these files. The threat posed by ransomware is clear – either pay the ransom or lose the files. Starting with Windows based computers, the threat has now made its way to smartphones and tablet. While keeping regular backups of your important files is a good measure against ransomware of all kinds, you can also use tools like avast! Ransomware Removal to get rid of devices infected with such malware.
Even though it targets only Simplocker or Cryptolocker family of ransomware, avast! Ransomware Removal is able not only to disinfect your Android smartphone, but it is also capable of decrypting all the files encrypted by the malware.
Since Cryptolocker malware locks your phone and demands a ransom, you cannot really install the avast! Ransomware Removal app from your affected smartphone directly. What you can do is install it in your device remotely and scan your device thereafter. Here is how:
- On your desktop computer, open https://play.google.com in any web browser.
- Login to Google Play using the same Google account as you use on the affected Android smartphone.
- Search for avast! Ransomware Removal or visit the page directly at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.malwareremoval.
- Click on the Install button shown on the avast! Ransomware Removal page.
- Choose your device (if you have more than one Android devices using the same Google account), and click on the Install button.
- When the app gets installed on your phone, a notification regarding the app install will be displayed. Touch this notification, open the avast! Ransomware Removal app and proceed with the scanning and removal of the Simplocker/Cryptolocker ransomware.
- When the app has gone through all the necessary steps, it will ask you to remove the app itself. Proceed with the uninstallation of avast! Ransomware Removal app and you are done.
Conclusion: avast! Ransomware Removal can not only remove the ransomware belonging to Simplocker/Cryptolocker family, but it can also decrypt the encrypted files on your Android smartphone. It is a great help in unfortunate events of ransomware infections.