Fortunately, there is a very simple way to enable or rather extend the tracking protection in Firefox to the Privacy Mode :
- First of all open Mozilla Firefox browser, type about:config in the address bar and press the Enter key.
- You will see a warning about voiding of the warranty. Proceed by clicking on the button labeled I’ll be careful, I promise.
- In the search box, type tracking to narrow down the settings we want to change.
- Double-click on setting privacy.trackingprotection.pbmode.enabled and change its value to true. This is the setting that enables the tracking protection in the privacy mode of Firefox.
- Close the settings tab and now you can try opening the privacy mode in your Firefox mode – the tracking protection should stay enabled everywhere.
Privacy Mode of Firefox stops the collection of all the data like history, cookies and such, when you visit sites in this mode. It makes sense that you also extend the tracking protection to the privacy mode too as you do not want trackers to tracking your private web browsing activities.