What many people do not know is that Instagram allows you to add and use multiple Instagram accounts to the same app in both Android and iPhone. This is very convenient for all of us who have created multiple accounts for one reason or another. For example, I have one account from my high school days and another when I first got enrolled in the University of California, Los Angeles. With two accounts accessible from the same app, I can use both the accounts while at the same time keeping them both completely isolated (followers from one account cannot know about another account).
So if you want to add another account to your Instagram app in your smartphone, you can proceed as follows:
- Start by launching the Instagram app in your iPhone or Android device.
- In the Instagram app, tap on the user icon near the bottom-right corner of the app to open your profile.
- On the user profile screen, touch on the menu icon (looks like three vertical dots) to open the profile options.
- On the user profile options screen, scroll down to the very bottom of the screen and touch on Add Account.
- This will open a new screen where you can add the credentials for your secondary Instagram account or even create a new Instagram account.
- Once you have added the account, it will take you back to the main Instagram interface where you can tap on the user icon near the bottom-right corner and then tap on the username near the top-left corner to switch to another account.
Instagram app allows you to add multiple accounts at the same time, i.e., you can use them all simultaneously without having to log off from any of them. Moreover, it keeps them all isolated from each other, that is, your likes, profiles, followers, friends or any other details are not shared across the various accounts you have added.