Having a Gmail account in your Android smartphone is a given because Android does not really work to its full potential without a Google account. As soon as you add a Google account in Android, it starts up so many apps and services that make use of the Google account, for example, Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Now Launcher, Youtube and more. Of these apps, Gmail is the most used as you frequently send and receive messages using this app. But sometimes, Gmail app does not fetch new messages from the inbox until you launch the Gmail app. It does not show any new email message notifications in Android.
To fix this problem, you have to change the automatic syncing settings for the Gmail app. Here is how you can do this:
- Open the Gmail app in Android and tap on the hamburger menu icon.
- From the menu that opens up, select the Settings.
- On the settings screen, select the Google account that you want to change the settings for. If you have added more than one accounts, then you might want to consider the account that use the most but there is no harm in repeating these steps for all of the Google accounts.
- On the next screen, find the Data usage settings and then select Sync Gmail option (make sure it is checked).
- Repeat the steps 3-5 for any other Google accounts that you might have added to Gmail.
After these changes the Gmail app will auto-sync with the servers, fetch new email messages after a regular interval and display a notification about the new email messages in the notification area of the Android smartphone. You can test the new configuration by sending yourself a new email message from some other email account – your phone should display a new notification in a matter of seconds.
email not working on computer – have forgotten the password – hit a wall . gmail will not let me do anything . HELP
Comments are closed.