WavePad is a free sound editor software and is as good as any other professional sound editing programs out there. It allows you to edit the sound files that already exist on your storage, but you can also record new sound files using your microphone or the line-in audio. When editing these audio files, you can cut, copy and paste parts of the recordings from the same file or other open files. It supports adding of various sound effects like echo, amplification and noise reduction. WavePad can work with the WAV audio format and the MP3 files, but it is not limited to only these. It also supports a number of other file formats including VOX, GSM, WMA, REAL AUDIO, AU, AIF, FLAC, OGG, and many more.
Here are some of the features of WavePad sound editor:
- It can cut, copy, paste, delete, insert, silence, auto-trim, compress, shift pitch etc.
- It can apply audio effects e.g. amplification, normalize, equalizer, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse etc.
- It supports batch processing so that you can apply effects or convert many files together
- It allows bookmarking of regions to easily find, recall and assemble segments of long audio files
- It includes tools like spectral analysis (FFT), speech synthesis (text-to-speech), and voice changer
- You can restore old sound files with audio restoration features like noise reduction and click pop removal
- It can also edit the audio stream from inside the video files
- It allows creation of ringtones using audio files
- It can extract tracks from Audio CD’s
Wavepad makes editing audio files very easy. You simply have to either open a supported audio file or record a new one using the microphone. Then you can begin editing the file and applying sound effects. And if you need some library sounds (like the laugh track often heard in sitcoms), then you can simply use the NCH Sound Library and download these sounds quickly from the WavePad’s server.
Not only it allows direct audio file editing, but it can also extract the tracks from any audio CD. You simply have to click on the Load CD button in the toolbar and it will extract all the tracks into WAV files which you can later convert into MP3 files.
Conclusion: WavePad Sound Editor is a feature rich sound editing software for everyone and it works across many platforms including Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android or Kindle.
You can download WavePad Sound Editor from http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/.