Youtube has recently made many changes in their desktop browser website. They have changed the Youtube logo and the rest of the interface when you are browsing the Youtube site using a desktop or laptop computer. The new design has been automatically upgraded for everyone all over the world. The new design has new features and there is hardly any reason that someone would not like this. But if for any reason, you wish to keep using the older style and design of Youtube, then you can follow these simple steps:
- Launch your web browser and navigate to Youtube website at https://www.youtube.com/.
- Login to your Youtube account if you have not already done so.
- Click on your account picture on the top-right corner to open the menu and select Restore old Youtube.
- You will be asked a reason explaining why you are leaving the new design. But you do not have to supply any reason, you can choose I prefer not to answer and click on the Submit button. Of course, you can choose any other reason if you want to.
- That’s it. Now you are back in the old Youtube design.
This is a quick way to switch back to the older Youtube design. But after switching back to the old design, if you wish to use the newer Youtube design, then all you have to do is point your web browser to https://www.youtube.com/new and then click on the Get it Now button. This will instantly switch you to the futuristic newer Youtube design.
In the newer Youtube design, you have the options to choose two modes – light mode and the dark mode. The light mode is the default and the dark mode can be easily set from the Youtube menu.