Puffin web browser is now available for the Windows users. You can download the beta version of the web browser from their website and install it in Windows. The web browser is only 32-bit as of now and can be installed in Windows 7, Windows 8.x and Windows 10. Even though Puffin web browser is lighting fast, it does not offer very many options from its settings interface. One important option among the few given is to clear the browsing data from your Puffin web browser. Here is how you can access it and use it:
- Launch Puffin web browser from its desktop shortcut.
- Click on the hamburger icon located near the top-right corner of the web browser window.
- From the menu that opens up, select Settings.
- In the settings that shows up, select Clear browsing data section from the left side.
- You can select all the items you want to clear like browsing history, cached images and files, cookies and other site data, auto-fill form data, passwords etc.
- Click on the Clear button and all the selected items will be removed.
Puffin web browser for Windows stores all the cache in the local app data folder of the Windows user profile. You can open this folder by entering %LocalAppData%\Puffin\ in the Windows File Explorer file path. Another way to open this folder is through the Run command – press Win+R hotkey, type %LocalAppData%\Puffin\ and press Enter. You can also open that folder and delete all the files to get rid of everything. When you relaunch the Puffin browser, it will recreate all the files without holding any previous data.
If you have not installed Puffin web browser in your Windows PC, then you can grab the beta version from https://www.puffinbrowser.com/. In the last day alone, it has been updated twice – which means that the developers have been working day and night to make it better.