Paragon has recently combined all the different tools that were previously available separately. For example, the Migrate OS software from Paragon that could earlier be downloaded as a separate utility is not available as a part of Paragon Hard Disk Manager for Windows. In this software suite, they have added all the tools to backup your system, clone hard drives, manage partitions and to erase drives securely. Some of these features are completely free while others need a license for you to use them. For example, you can use the backup and restore features freely in Paragon Hard Disk Manager. Here is how:
- Select Create single backup from under the Backup & Recovery category.
- Click Next to proceed in the wizard that shows up.
- Give the backup a name so you can remember it later. Click Next to proceed.
- Select the source – whole computer, one or more partitions, files based on the file types (such as videos, documents, audio etc) or selected files and folders. Click Next to proceed.
- Select the target – local partitions, external storage drives, network storage, or CD/DVD/Blu-ray burner. Paragon installs CD/DVD/Blu-ray burner emulators that can be used to create the ISO images. Click Next to proceed.
- In the final step, a summary will be displayed with the backup name, source for backup and the target where the backup will be saved. Click Finish to proceed.
Depending on the size of source files and the data writing speed of the target media, it may take from a few minutes to a few hours to finish the backup job. This is a single backup job and cannot be automated. If you want to automate backup, then you can create a backup job in Paragon Hard Disk Manager and schedule it to be run at a specified time or at regular intervals.