Skype is a popular VoIP telephony service provided by Microsoft. It is available for many different platforms such as Windows, Linux, macOS, Android and iOS. It can be used from web browser, through its mobile apps or by installing the Skype desktop application.
Every Skype account holder can sent messages and make phone calls to other Skype users for free (if the other party gives you permission to contact them). But if you buy Skype credit, then you can also use Skype to make phone calls to landline numbers and mobile numbers all over the world.
If you have bought Skype credit and now want to transfer it to your second Skype account, or if you want to help out your friend who is traveling and cannot buy credit at the moment, then here is how you can transfer Skype credit from one account to another:
- Sign-in to your Skype account in a web browser.
- Visit the link https://go.skype.com/send.credit.
- Select the person who is going to receive the credit. All of your Skype contacts will be listed, you have to pick the one to whom you want to send your Skype credit. Be careful to pick the correct person.
- Select the amount of Skype credit that you want to send. It will be deducted from your own Skype credit and therefore cannot be more than what you have.
- Select one of the funny gift pictures (for some reason, you cannot skip this step).
- Click on the Confirm selection button.
- You will be shown the informational message that Skype credit has been sent. You will also find an email message in the Outlook email inbox associated with your Skype account.
This is a very easy way to send credit from your Skype account to those of your family and friends. By sharing the credit, you can ensure that your loved ones will be able to call you whenever they want.