There are many cloud storage providers today that give free cloud storage space for all the users. Sync.com is one of such cloud service providers that offer 5GB of free storage for everyone. You can extend the storage capacity further by subscribing to one of their plans easily. For personal use, you can extend the storage to a maximum of 4TB an for professional team use, you can extend the storage capacity to a maximum of 10TB.
Sync.com provides many channels to access the cloud storage – through smartphone apps, through desktop applications and through the web interface. When you are accessing Sync.com through its web interface, there is an option provided that automatically logs the user out after some inactivity. This feature adds some level of security to your Sync.com user account.
Here is how you can enable auto-logout in Sync.com web interface:
- Visit https://www.sync.com/ in your web browser and login to your Sync.com account.
- Click on the user name and then choose Settings from the menu.
- On the settings page, switch to the Security tab.
- Click on Edit next to Automatic Logout.
- You can choose between auto-logout after 1 hour or auto-logout after 24 hours and then click on the Save button.
- Now you will be automatically logged out after the specified period of inactivity.
This feature is useful to ensure your data privacy and safety. If you forget to manually logout on a computer, then any other use can easily access your Sync.com account. By enabling the auto-logout feature for your Sync.com account, you are making sure that you will be automatically logged out even if you have forgotten to log out yourself. However, if you do not share your PC with anyone else then perhaps it is much more convenient to always stay logged in to your cloud storage.