Brave browser allows users to earn money and also use cryptocurrencies for making purchases online wherever it is possible to do so. We can add or create crypto wallets in the brave browser for carrying out all these transactions. Of course, it is not going to work in the countries where cryptocurrencies are not allowed. But in the countries like Japan, this is really gaining popularity as Japanese government has legalized all cryptocurrencies and has laid out a legal framework for registering or operating cryptocurrency exchanges.
If you want to add or create a wallet for holding your cryptocurrencies then you can do so in your Brave browser easily. Here is how:
- Launch Brave browser and enter brave://wallet in the address bar.
- Click on the Create button displayed under the new local wallet section.
- You will have to choose a strong password for your new crypto wallet. You should choose a strong password and also remember it because if you lose this password then you won’t be able to access the wallet.
- Next, you will be shown a secret backup phrase which is needed for restoring your wallet account in case of accidental loss of the wallet. This phrase has to be saved somewhere or memorized. You will have to manually type the entire phrase before you can proceed.
- Finally, your wallet will be ready and you will be able to store Ethereum (ETH) currencies in it.
At this moment, Brave browser integrated only Ethereum cryptocurrency in the built-in wallets. The wallet built inside the Brave browser displays a QR code which can be used to deposit the Ethereum currency into your wallet. This currency can later be used to make purchases on any online platform that allows Ethereum transactions such as Namecheap domain and hosting providers. If you have Brave browser on your smartphone also, then you can use the same wallet for making payments at any other outlet.