Google One is a cloud storage and backup service provided by the Mountain View giant. It offers automatic phone backup when installed on an Android smartphone. The Google One app makes it very easy for everyone to automate the backup of their devices.
Using Google One for basic use is completely free. We can make it automatically backup all the data such as app settings, app data, call history, contacts, text messages, photos, videos and audio files. We can also restore these files from the backup very easily using the same Google One app.
Here is how you can use Google One to backup everything on your Android smartphone:
- First of all install Google One app on your Android device.
- Launch Google One and then select Settings section from the top.
- Under the Backup section, tap on Manage Backup Settings.
- On the screen that appears you will be able to control what is to be automatically backed up from your phone. You can backup device data, multimedia messages, photos and videos. You can also choose to backup the data even when you are using the mobile data for internet access.
- After selecting all the backup options, you can tap on the Back up now button to start the initial backup.
Depending on how much data you have to backup and your internet connection speed, it may take from a few minutes to a few hours for the complete backup. If you want to backup your media files (videos and pictures), then you have to install Google Photos app too. It will backup the media files from the Google Photos app only.
Google One is a free and reliable solution for safely backing up of your data and files on any Android phone. It can be used to move your data to a new Android phone from the old one when you buy a new phone.