As we all know that Yahoo! has closed down its once popular community Yahoo! Answers. It was a unique place for everyone to ask questions on a myriad of topics. Other members of community tried to answer those questions to the best of their ability. Some of these members were professionals and experts on their respective fields and their answers usually were very accurate.
So many students would turn to Yahoo! Answers to find the answers to their homework problems and other senior students helped them. There were so many departments on Yahoo! Answers such as Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Health, Politics and more. It was an amazing place to find answers to any and every problem. But now it is gone.
After Yahoo! Answers has been shutdown, Yahoo! is offering the users to download their data related to Yahoo! Answers. This opportunity will be available only until June 30th, 2021. After this, all data of all the users will be removed forever.
Here is how you can download your Yahoo! Answers data:
- In your desktop web browser, visit https://yahoo.mydashboard.oath.com/ and login to your Yahoo account.
- On the dashboard, scroll down and click on Download My Data under the section “Download and view your Yahoo data”.
- From the list of categories, select Yahoo! Answers and then click Next to proceed.
- Enter your email address at which you want to receive the data and click on Request Download.
- Yahoo will prepare your data for the download and when it is ready you will receive a link to the download on the email address that you had supplied earlier.
The downloaded data is in JSON file format. There are many tools that can be used to view the data in JSON format. A particularly easy-to-use software for this purpose is JSON Viewer for Windows which can be downloaded from http://www.mitec.cz/jsonv.html.